Friday, January 1, 2010

Hot-bliggity blog

Welcome to Argh-onomics.  It's my new blog for musings on interaction design, user experience design, usability, ergonomics, user-centric design, human factors, user interface design, or anything that may fit in, on, near, or under any of those categories.  Here's a Venn diagram for those who are confused:

It works just as well in four-dimensional space.

The name of the blog is derived from the term "ergonomics", which is the study of work.  The Greek root -nomos means "laws", while "erg" is the sound I make when I work.  Hence, understanding the laws of work becomes the field of ergonomics.  When I get frustrated while working, I make the sound "argh", and that's where we get our blog name.

I've got plenty of thoughts on interaction design and the pursuit of the ever-elusive smiling user, so if you can count on one thing, it's that there will always be things to talk about for as long as there are people who want to throw their computers out the window.  I hope you enjoy your time here and I hope I manage to update consistently enough to make you want to come back.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment